Portrait of a Mother



In attempting to paint a portrait of my mother, I chose not to highlight the extraordinary sacrifices she has made for our family- which are many in number. Rather, I see her love most profoundly in the simplest of acts: the fact that she wakes up to prepare breakfast for each member of the family, every morning without fail. 

From the slow weekends of makeshift brunch to the wee hours of the morning that shed no light to greet her, she has always made sure that no one leaves the house with an empty stomach. And it's the dutiful repetition of this act that shows her depth of love. What is said passionately evaporates; it's what is done as a matter of fact that is telling and lasting and precious. 

Amazing woman, she is. Thanks Mom. 

"Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." -Mother Teresa

5 comments:

  1. lovely video & picture of your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I came across your instagram feed and ended up here - I love being bored enough to lose myself in the depth of Instagram, I definitely do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, appreciate it! Funny how social media does that sometimes, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Much like this person above, just stumbled upon this and it took my breathe away. Your mother is beautiful and so is this entry. Very inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your videos! please make more! :)

    ReplyDelete