A Week in Gyeongju

I spent the past week in a small, coastal city called Gyeongju, far removed from any signs of city. Instead, we were surrounded by unobstructed blue skies that stretched as far as we could see- a much needed relief from the endless concrete terrain that is Seoul. Deemed the "museum without walls," Gyeongju's main attractions comprise of ancient folk villages, temples, and historical sites. It almost feels like you've stumbled upon a frozen point in time when you visit the palaces that have withstood whole centuries. Needless to say, we kept busy with much to do, see, and eat. My favorite memory had to be biking around rural Gyeongju alongside my mom (after some persistent cajoling on my part). With sun on my face, wind in my hair, music in my ears, and mother pedaling by my side, I remember feeling unabashedly happy.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed playing tourist, I'll always be a hopeless introvert who prefers quiet moments to constant activity. The condo we stayed in was the perfect combination of clean architectural lines and light-filled space, which called for plenty of lounging around in the tearoom- book in hand. Some of the most savored moments of a vacation can take the simplest form.

On another note, I've been working away on several side projects and personal projects that I can't wait to share- I'm going to really make an effort to post more often about these things. Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Michelle, city life can be tiring, your photos seem very peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I lived in China for four and a half years and I loved going to rural areas. It was nice and different from the hustle and bustle in the big cities. It gives you a chance to breathe and just take in your beautiful surroundings.

    Iquo
    www.iquoismusic.com
    www.keaishop.com

    ReplyDelete